Thursday, February 4

Regrets #1 // Bite, Essence, Hourglass, L.A. Girl, The Body Shop

Because to be completely honest, I'm a complain-y girl and most of the time, I can't return products.




Bite Beauty Lip Lab Custom lipstick
Boy oh boy, let's start with the biggest one shall we. Look how excited naive I look! I intended to go into the lab to get a matte raisiny/mauvey color to be the best lipstick shade on me + a souvenir from NY, but all I got was the souvenir part. I'm not sure if you can tell, but this is more of a satin violet shade that smells and taste strongly of, well lipstick (another mistake of mine, I chose the violet scent instead of mint ugh).

It's a shade I'm sure I've only worn outside once because I personally don't think it's flattering on me, but I can't let it go because it's my personal shadeee and it was roughly 50 bucks. Yikes.

Now this disappointment is obviously all my fault, if you have a specific color in mind, enough time, and you're not afraid to speak up, this is definitely a fun experience.

Essence Maximum Length Volume Mascara
Heard so much about their affordable mascara, and I bought one in the hopes of replacing Maybelline's the Rocket as this is much cheaper and it looked like a brush that I would like. Safe to say I got what I paid for, this did nothing for my eyes except lightly define them, but they didn't hold my curl at all.


Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon
Blegh, you'd think for the price this would be AHMAZING. Wrong!
As you can see in the gif above it's a beautiful color, but I haven't even worn it for more than 3 hours that day and it's cracked and plain, well, gross.

L.A. Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Fleur
Now, this is more on the shade. I have no idea why I thought a light peachy nude would work on my tan skin, but I was hopeful. I even tried this on a darker lipliner, and while it made the color better suited to me, the formula balled up.


The Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub-Gelee
The scent! It draws you in, but this is a gritty scrub that actually hurts. I would overlook it for the scent but it doesn't even linger, even with it's body butter counterpart on top. I'm probably better off rubbing strawberry jam from Baguio, thank goodness this is LE.

Well, that's some of my beauty regrets. Most of the time I try to make products work but these were too much of a challenge. Or in my custom lipstick buy, too sentimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment