Tuesday, January 21

Make it MATTEr with Sleek's Matte Me in Fandango Purple


So this is only one of the stops in my purple phase, I just want to say that my phase started even before Pantone decided on this year's color, haha damn that sounded very hipster, but whatevs.

This actually isn't very purple as the name states which was disappointing at first, but really, when I don't think that I bought it because I thought it'd be purple it's really a beautiful color.
 What you see on the tube is almost what you get, when it sets to the matte-st finish (srsly man) it deepens the teensiest bit.

Application was difficult at first but once you get the hang of it (My technique is to start filling from the inside and then draw the outline of your lips with the bit that's left so you don't get goopy edges) you get the boldest lipcolor. This is definitely not one of the products you can slap on without a mirror.

I hate using this when I know I'm eating out because even though it stays on, oil will eventually destroy it (or maybe it's me and the amount I eat? huhu). I end up looking like I just lined my lips with a bold liner and left it at that. Then, when I try to remove the rest of it so I can look less insane, the struggle (is real) begins. My two options are to either take whatever oily food I was devouring and slather it on my lips which is apparently not socially acceptable or I scrub the top layer of my skin off.

Otherwise, this stays on like a dream, it stains (it depends on you if that's a positive or a negative) and let me say it again it has the most beautiful matte finish. Not a surprise but this is so drying, I just overlook and deal with it by bringing a lipbalm with me.
Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Crush (not sure why I put it here, it's not similar at all, actually none of the others are similar) /
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage / Sleek  True Color Lipstick in Mystic / Sleek Matte Me in Fandango Purple