Wednesday, August 28

Etude House Princess Academy 2013 // A Haul + Swatches & First Impressions


So as promised (lolwat I don't think I even) here's my humble Etude House haul.
Etude House Miss Tangerine LUCIDarling Fantastic Gradation Eyes Palette in # 7
If you're aware of Etude house collections, you would know that this is somewhat old.
It contains three powder eyeshadows and one cream eyeshadow. That I thought was a lip gloss at first.
As expected from Asian brands, their eyeshadows are pretty sparkly, thus they produce a fallout.
Now this is VIP Girl Eye Secret Shadow Duo in Yellow Purple, and I had to do some interweb searching on this as I wasn't aware of this collection because I wasn't into make-up at that time yet.

Apparently the darker color in the middle is meant to be used as a shadow liner.

I wasn't too excited about this until I tried the yellow as a face highlighter and now I wouldn't know what to do when I finish the yellow. (Probably buy a legit highlighter duh Cel)
And here are 3 Incoco / Etude House nail polish appliques, I haven't tried this particular brand but I love these types of nail err things, as they are (or claim to be) long lasting and easy to apply. Also, I hate dry time.
 I love how reflective the orange gold is. Maybe enough to forgive the crazy amount of fallout it produces.
 The light blue shimmer in the purple-ly brown black is beautiful and makes it unique, if only it showed up on the lid.

The cream is nothing special in my opinion, it doesn't completely set so it's good to use with the powder shadows, and if you are looking for an orange cream shadow then this is good enough.
Here's the swatches taken with flash.
Here is the VIP girl duo swatch, plus Look at My Eyes BR402 Cafe Mocha a deep brown matte single eyeshadow I purchased.

The yellow probably looks ridiculously metallic to use for a face highlighter, but it doesn't have any chunky shimmer and with a fan brush or a light hand it gives the most beautiful glow.

In my opinion everyone needs a deep matte neutral brown, it's just so versatile. I had to go to three branches to get my hands on it, but recently most branches have it stocked already.

The purple-y brown isn't an intimidating purple and can easily be used for a neutral look.

So that's it for my mini haul.